(All talks are in PDF format)
- ‘What’s the Value of Professional Life? An Ecological Approach’, contribution to invitation seminar on Values and Higher Education, 11-13 September, New College, Oxford.
- Denmark, Aarhus, keynote talk, ‘Understanding the University: Planes, Possibilities, Poetry’, keynote talk, first international conference on the philosophy of higher education.
- ‘The Coming of the Ecological University’, Liverpool Hope University, invited public lecture, Centre for Educational Policy and Analysis, 24 November.
- ‘Academic Freedom, Autonomy, the State and the Public Sphere: pitfalls and possibilities – an ecological perspective’, invited contribution to seminar (alongside Professor Simon Marginson) on Institutional Autonomy, Academic Freedom and the Public Character of Higher Education, 30 November, UCL Institute of Education.
- University of Winchester, 1 March: ‘Glimpsing the ecological curriculum’, talk for MA Curriculum Design course.
- University of Winchester, 11 May: ‘What Should a University be Known For?’, talk for Governors’ Development Day.
- Liverpool Hope University, 25 May: Professorial Dinner, invited informal talk.
- European Association for Teaching Academic Writing, Royal Holloway, London, 20 June: ‘Academic's Writing - a thing of beauty, a joy to behold’, a joy to behold, Keynote talk.
- Australia lecture trip, Brisbane:
- Educating for a Supercomplex World’, leading keynote talk, International Education Association of Australia, special interest group on internationalisation of the curriculum.
- Independent Schools Queensland:
- ‘Recasting General Education: A Curriculum for Turbulent Times’, Curriculum Policy Officers’ Forum
- ‘Being a student in the twenty-first century and the inadequacy of skills’, School and Curriculum Leaders
- Queensland Government Department of Education and Training:
- ‘General Education: reconsidering the idea for the C21 and even the C22’, invited lecture,.
- 'The Student as a Global Citizen: just what might it mean?’, seminar.
- ‘This Place has Changed My Life’, invited lecture, University of Queensland.
- Vigo, Spain, 13 July: ‘The Coming of the Ecological University’, Keynote address, Forum on University Innovation – Tendencies in the Transformation of Universities in a Digital Society.
- University of Cali, Colombia, South America, 9 August: Colombia - knowledge August 2016
- Liverpool John Moores University, HEIR Network Conference, 8 September: Measuring the darkness - Liverpool September 2016
- Queen’s College, Cambridge, CHER conference, 7 September: The University as a Critical Institution
- Harper Adams University, 21 September: Becoming a twenty-first century student - Harper Adams Sept 2016
- South Africa, Durban University of Technology, 5th Learning, Teaching and Assessment Symposium, 9-11 November: Glimpsing the Ecological Curriculum, Keynote address
‘Teaching and Research in Higher Education: glimpsing a better relationship’, workshop
- University College London Institute of Education, 15 November: ‘A Will to Connect’, contribution to festschrift celebration for Professor Gareth Williams.
- Fiji, Philosophy of Education Society of Australasia, 8-11 December: ‘The coming of the ecological university’, Keynote address.